Trade Site Terms & Conditions
LIST OF BANNED ITEMS
|Drug Related Goods (including Cocaine Kits, Bongs etc.)||Playing Cards (nude or lewd)|
|Explicit and Hardcore T-Shirts||Pressure Pack Fart Gas|
|Fake Cigarettes||Pressure Pack Snow|
|Fireworks – Crackers||Silly String|
|Fuel type Fire Lighters (Zippo)||Stink Bombs|
|Horns and Trumpets||Bouncing Beans|
|Knives (including Pen Knives)||Shang-hi/sling shots|
|Laser Pointers||Bomb Bags|
|Metal and wooden Martial Art Nunchakus||Fire Wallets|
|Illegal drugs and firearms||Water Bombs|
Toy Guns are acceptable, however the following are not:
|Ball Bearing Guns||Potato Guns|
|Eight Shot Caps||Replica Guns (bullet type)|
|Pellet Guns||Roll Caps|
|Laser Guns||Strip Caps|
|Pop Downs (Throw Downs)||Water Pistols over 150mm (6”)|
Samurai Swords, English Swords and Fencing Swords are to be sold in Sealed Packages by Licensed Trader ONLY.
The following food items are not to be sold outside the designated Side Show area:
Fairy Floss Doughnuts Dagwood Dogs Toffee Apples Waffles
1. TRADE SITES
1.1 Food Sites
The SCASS Management Team is committed to keeping the number of food sites to a similar level as in recent years. We will continue to support our local service clubs and invite good quality well-presented food trade sites to compliment them to provide our Show patrons will a wide range of delicious food.
1.2 General Trade Sites
SCASS aims to offer our 2020 Show Patrons with a wide range of variety in our Trade sites.
Trade sites who are dealing with similar items will be separated from each other again in 2020. Once again our Not-for-Profit organisations will be dispersed throughout the trade areas.
Please complete – Application Form which will enable you to book your site for 2020. Please note that completion of this document does NOT ensure automatic approval by our Trade Site Sub-committee.
Once your site has been approved, we will notify you by email and send an Invoice for payment of your non-refundable deposit of $100.00 to secure your Trade Site. All deposits must be paid as soon as possible and by no later than 28th February 2020 otherwise your site will not be secured. Please note that the sooner you pay your deposit, the sooner your site will be locked in.
A Tax Invoice for the payment of the balance of your Site Fees will be forwarded to you upon payment of your Deposit. The balance of your Site Fees must be paid by no later than 1st April 2020 or your site will be sold to another interested Trade site and your deposit will not be refunded.
2. SITE COSTS
- Site costs for this year have had a small increase and are as follows:
- Standard Small Trade Site (3m x 3m) $350.00
- Standard Medium Trade Site (4.5m x 3m) $475.00
- Standard Large Trade Site (6m x 3m) $600.00
- Premium Small Trade (Ringside, Specialised or Food Court) (3m x 3m) $450.00
- Premium Large Trade (Ringside, Specialised or Food Court) (6m x 3m) $700.00
- All external sites larger than 6m x 3m POA depending on size
- Not-for-Profit Display Sites (3m x 3m) $ 60.00
- Not-for-Profit Trade Sites (3m x 3m) $110.00
(Please note that Not-for-Profit organisations must provide documentation for verification)
For those exhibits that require electricity the following charges apply:
- Standard electricity – $50.00 per site. This consists of one (1) connection to mains and two (2) devices per site.
- 3 Phase electricity – $65.00 per site. This consists of one (1) connection to mains and two (2) devices per site.
Should additional connections to standard or 3 phase electricity be required, multiples of the relevant charges will apply.
The Site Electrician will be the final arbitrator during the Show and has control over power usage on site. Should any site be deemed to be drawing excessive power, the Site Electrician can withdraw power from those sites if they are exceeding the standard consumption rate.
All electrical enquiries to be directed through the Show Office.
Double adaptors are not permitted. Leads must be clear of the ground and must not impede pedestrian traffic.
4. ENTRY & CAR PASSES
4.1 Each Trade Site will be issued with two (2) x 3 day Passes for the duration of the Show. Should additional passes be required, please indicate your requirements of the Application Form or contact the Show Office direct. Additional 3 day passes will be provided at a cost of $15. People requiring individual day passes will be required to pay $10.00 per ticket per day.
4.2 One (1) Car Pass will be issued per Trade Site. Additional Car Passes can be purchased prior to the show at a rate of $5.00 per car for the duration of the Show. Any Passes purchased during the period of the Show will be done so at a rate of $5.00 per car per day. Please ensure that your Car Pass has all of the relevant details included on it and it is clearly visible from outside of the vehicle at all times. This will assist us during the Show if there is a need to have the vehicle moved.
5.1 It is a requirement of the Show that ALL electrical equipment has been tested and tagged. We understand that time can be an issue so we will have an on-site Electrician who will be available to test and tag (T & T) your electrical equipment for you. Any costs associated with this will be borne by the Trade Site and payable directly to the Electrician.
5.2 It is a condition of being on site that your electrical equipment is deemed safe. Please be aware that if your T & T is not up to date, you will not be allowed to utilise this equipment.
5.3 All outdoor Trade Sites are required to provide their own marquee, tables, chairs etc.
5.4 Most undercover sites will be provided with walls, however as this is an on-going project for our Show Committee, not all sites will have these available. Please advise if you DO require walls for your site.
5.5 Your Site Fee includes use of the ground space area only.
6. CAMPING, PARKING & ACCESS
6.1 Camping & Parking is NOT permitted in the vicinity of the commercial trading area. All vendors have been allocated parking space at Crushers Park Football Field. A courtesy shuttle is available for your use throughout the Show.
6.2 Unfortunately, due to the restricted space on site for vehicles, any cars/vans etc parked in the commercial trading area during the show may be towed at the owner’s expense.
6.3 All vehicles must be removed to the Car Parking area prior to 8.00am each morning of the Show. No vehicles are permitted in commercial trading area during the opening hours of the Show.
6.4 No Trade Site vehicle will be allowed to enter the grounds until Security deem it safe to do so. (Generally once Fireworks are over & Show is finished for the night).
6.5 All vehicles, whilst travelling on the grounds must ensure that the hazard lights are activated and do not exceed a speed of 10 km/h at any time.
7. SITE APPLICATION DATES
7.1 All Trade Sites must pay a Deposit of $100.00 upon acceptance of their application. A Tax Invoice will be forwarded with your acceptance notification for payment. This deposit is non-refundable.
7.2 Any cancellation of a Trade Site must be made in writing to the Manager of the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Inc on or before 1st April 2020.
7.3 If a cancellation is received on or before 1st April 2020 then any amounts greater than the $100.00 deposit MAY be refunded at the Show Society’s discretion.
7.4 The Show Society is not obliged to make any refunds to any cancellations received after 1st April 2020.
7.5 The Trade Site Application will be held for fourteen (14) days from the date of the Tax Invoice. If no deposit is received within that time the Trade Site will be re-allocated to other prospective Stall Holders. Any late bookings made in either April, May or June must be paid in full to confirm their site.
7.6 The Show Society shall determine the times as to when the Showgrounds will be open for Exhibitors and also the general public. Its decision on these hours will be final and conclusive.
7.7 Trade Sites must be ready for business at 8.00am on Friday 12th June 2020.
7.8 Trade Sites must remain operational during the opening hours of the Show and should not commence dismantling their stall prior to the specified time on the final day (Sunday 6pm) unless authorised by the Show Manager.
7.9 Trade Site Exhibitors will not be allowed to occupy any allocated space until all outstanding monies have been paid.
8. USE OF THE SITE
8.1 Your Trade Site must meet all appropriate Council and State Regulations including, but not limited to: construction, maintenance and food hygiene regulations for food stalls.
8.2 No Trade Site shall be set up until all relevant regulatory certificates have been presented to the Show Office.
8.3 The Site that has been allocated to you is to be used solely for the purpose specified and accepted on your Application Form. No additional items will be permitted to be sold. The Site must be controlled by the person, firm or company to which the site has been allocated. No sub-letting will be permitted without the written consent of the Show Society.
8.4 There is to be NO selling, canvassing, hawking or distribution of printed or other matter outside of the allocated Trade Site area. Failure to comply with this requirement may lead to the site being closed and all monies paid being forfeited.
8.5 The Show Society reserves the right to forbid the sale of any item for which a specified application has not been made.
8.6 A List of Banned Items that cannot be sold at any Agricultural Show can be found on Page 2 for your reference.
8.7 Gambling, disposal of any article by lot or chance and sales of Art Union Tickets is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless authorised by the Show Society in writing.
8.8 The Show Society will have the power to enter sites and remove any article, sign, picture or printed matter, which in their opinion may be a cause of offence to the public.
9. BOUNDARIES OF THE SITE
9.1 The Show Society undertakes to rent the space or building in their present condition. All plumbing, carpentry, phone connections, lighting & electrical services will be the responsibility of the Site holder.
9.2 All sites are to be of a temporary nature and are to be completely removed at the conclusion of the show. Failure to do so will incur the cost of any such removal to the Stall holder.
9.3 All signage and displays are restricted to the space allocated to the Stall holder for the duration of the show.
9.4 No part of the Trade Site’s display or structure shall encroach on another site holder’s allocated area. This includes, but is not limited to display materials, tents, pegs, ropes or items for sale. Please ensure that any material from your stall is not impeding the view into or out of any other Trade site.
9.5 No advertising or signage is to be erected outside the allocated area without prior approval from the Show Society.
9.6 No Trade Site holder can excavate, dig or place pegs in the site area without approval from the Society. Securing of coverings to solid flors is to be by tape only. Printed materials may only be affixed to walls by tape or Blu-Tack. Under no circumstances is an exhibitor permitted to use nails, screws, bolts etc to fasten items to floors or walls.
9.7 The Society reserves the right to amend or alter the size or location of any allocated site. The exhibitor undertakes to agree to any such alterations as deemed necessary.
10.1 The Trade Site Holder must ensure that their allocated area is kept clean and tidy for the duration of the show.
10.2 The Show Society will arrange for daily cleaning of the grounds and pavilions.
10.3 If any of the Trade Sites and surrounding areas are left unclean after the show an additional cleaning fee may be charged.
11. CONDUCT OF SITE STAFF
11.1 All Trade Site staff are to remain within the allocated space of the exhibit.
11.2 Exhibitors and their employees are to conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner at all times.
11.3 Under no circumstances is alcohol or drugs to be consumed by the site holder or their workers. Anyone found in breach of this may be asked to remove their site from the grounds.
11.4 Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
12. PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE & QUEENSLAND LEGISLATION
12.1 ALL exhibitors must hold a current Public Liability Insurance Policy and a copy of this Policy is to be provided with the Site Application.
12.2 The Policy must be current until after the 2020 Show and should be for a minimum of Twenty Million Dollars ($20,000,000.00). Failure to provide this policy means your site will be re-allocated.
12.3 All Exhibitors must comply with all statutory obligations under each Act listed below and any Regulations made under it:
- Work Health & Safety Act
- Safe Food (Qld)
- Electrical Safety Act 2002
- Dangerous Goods Safety Management Act 2001; and
- Any applicable Advisory Standards, Codes of Practice or Australian Standards which apply in Queensland.
13. SAFETY REGULATIONS
13.1 The Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show is a Safety Conscious Show. We would like to work together with you to help keep it safe and accident free. Normal rules and regulations of the Work Health & Safety Act, Sunshine Coast Council and the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Inc apply.
13.2 The Show Society asks for total co-operation of all Patrons, Competitors and Exhibitors in the following matters as these are requirements of our Insurers and/or the Showground Management for the duration of the 2020 Show:
- Your co-operation is sought in reporting in a timely manner to the Show Safety Officer or Show Manager, any situation you may consider a potential hazard or danger. Please report any incident no matter how small. If you are not sure, report it anyway.
- The Show Safety Officer (or their Nominee) has the power to instruct a Ground User to comply with the Show Society’s requirements at all times.
- All heavy vehicles and floats must be parked in the designated areas as directed by our Parking Stewards. Owners/drivers are reminded that any one failing to meet these requirements and those who drive in a reckless manner (including excessive speed) could be responsible for serious consequences in the event of an emergency.
- Whilst all reasonable care is taken, the Show Society does not accept any responsibility for any losses of, damage or injury to or by any livestock, exhibitors, exhibits, equipment, vehicles or any other property.
- The Show Team will oversee Trade Site Exhibitors who are reminded that compliance with all Work Health & Safety standards must be met in regards to working machinery, hydraulics, cables, chemicals, pumps, hoses, pools, power tools, saws, ramps etc.
- Trade Sites are not to commence their setup before Thursday 11th June 2020 and all exhibits and related display equipment, trailers, buildings etc must be removed from the grounds by 4pm on Monday 15th June 2020.
- Trade Exhibitors are REQURIED to wear High Visibility Safety Vests during the Setup and Pull-down of their sites.
- WAIVER: Every person who involved in an activity during the Show is required by our Insurer to sign a waiver. This includes riders, Trade Sites, entertainers etc. The Waiver Form is located on Trade application form.
- EMERGENCY PHONE CONTACTS:
All Emergencies: 000
Local Police (non-emergency) 5441 2111
Ambulance (non-emergency) 5441 1333
Fire Service (non-emergency) 5441 2479
Show Safety Officer 5441 2766
13.3 Guidelines issued by the Division of Workplace Health & Safety
Showground Managers’, Sunshine Coast Council and the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Management Committee must ensure that the premises are safe and without risks to health, as far as is practicable. To this end, the Council/Society Management Committee expects that all persons will:
- Act in a manner that does not endanger the health and safety of any other person on the Showgrounds;
- Not fail to carry out a safety direction that is given to the person by the Council/Show Management for the Showgrounds;
- Will not wilfully or recklessly interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety at the Showgrounds.
The Show Society has an on-site Health & Safety Officer should you require any further information.
The Regulations require that:
- All electrical equipment will be tested & tagged in accordance with Workplace Health & Safety guidelines – this includes extension leads;
- All flexible and extension leads must be supported at least two (2) metres above the ground or covered by a non-slip mat or lead protector.
14. GENERAL MATTERS
14.1 The Show Society will not under any circumstance, be held responsible for any loss or damage to the stock in trade, or any part thereof of any site holder or exhibitor from any cause whatsoever.
14.2 Where a site has been allocated to an exhibitor, and the exhibitor fails to make or maintain an adequate or creditable display, the Society reserves the right to declare that site (or part thereof) subject to forfeit.
14.3 The Show Society will use its best endeavours to ensure the supply of standard services but shall not incur any liability or reimbursement to the exhibitor/Trade Site holder, for losses, damages or expenses or otherwise if through strike, lockout, accident, force majeure or other causes beyond the control of the Show Society.
14.4 The Show Society will not be held responsible for any accident, which may occur in connection with the exhibitor’s business. The Society will not be subjected to any legal proceedings arising from any such accident and will not under any circumstances, be responsible for any loss or miss-delivery of exhibits at the Society’s Annual Show, or for damages done thereto.
14.5 The Show Society will communicate via email and send updates leading up to the Show to the email address you supply on this application. Upon request we will mail out information, however email is our preferred method of contact. Our email address is email@example.com
14.6 The Show Society reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time and without further reference to the Trade Site holder.
14.7 Completing a Trade Site Application Form acknowledges you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
SITE APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Please ensure that all of the following components of this Application have been completed:
- All Sections of the Trade Application are completed, including the following:
- i. Waiver Form Signed
- ii. Banned Items Form Signed
- iii. Current copy of Insurance
- Preferences for Site marked clearly on the application (“Same as last year” is NOT sufficient – if you are not sure, please contact the Show Office)
- Attached Current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance covering the dates of the Show and any other relevant permits
- Food Vendors – Copy of Current Food Licence attached
- Ensure all of the Schedules have been completed in full
- Not-For-Profit Organisations – please ensure a copy of the ATO endorsement documents is attached
- Have you considered advertising on the Big Screen
* * * * * * * * * *
To reserve your Trade Site, an Application Form must be completed with all supporting documents. Once your application is accepted, you will be sent a Tax Invoice for you to pay as deposit. Once we receive your deposit, your Site will be secured and a further Tax Invoice for the Balance of your Trade Site fees will be forward to you in due time.
Please, DO NOT send any payment with your Application. A Tax Invoice will be issued once your Application has been accepted.
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary this Trade Site Terms & Conditions by publishing the amended Trade Site Terms & Conditions on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current Trade Site Terms & Conditions.
For any questions or notices, please contact our office at:
Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Inc. ABN 63 356 013 803
Postal: Trade Site Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society
PO Box 491
Nambour. Qld 4560
Last updated: May 11, 2020