THE SUNSHINE COAST AGRICULTURAL SHOW SOCIETY (SCASS) trading as the Sunshine Coast Show/Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show enforce the following Conditions of Entry to the Showgrounds, Coronation Avenue, Nambour, 4560 (the Showgrounds).
1. LIQUOR LICENCE
Persons seeking entry to the Showground are advised that:
- They may be entering a licensed area;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- Intoxicated persons will be asked to leave the showground or removed from the Showground;
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted into the Showground and are subject to immediate confiscation;
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering the showground;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
- It is an offence to sell or supply minors with alcohol;
- Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police;
- Penalties apply under the Liquor Act (Qld.) 1992
2. RESTRICTED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following restricted or prohibited items are not permitted into the Showgrounds and are subject to immediate confiscation:
- Glass or breakable containers;
- Alcoholic beverages or Alcohol;
- Illicit drugs or associated paraphernalia;
- Flares, fireworks, smoke bombs or any other explosive device;
- Laser pointers;
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles;
- Large items including eskies, bags that cannot fit under seats;
- Animals unless approved by SCASS
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Ticker tape or Confetti;
- Any whistle, loud hailer, public address system or other electronic or broadcast device;
- Commercial food (food purchased from external caterers, including recognised commercial food brands);
- Cameras and recording devices (for commercial purposes) including tripods;
- Prohibited weapons or controlled weapons within the meaning of the Weapons Act (Qld.) 1990;
- Other items as determined by SCASS management that may cause injury or public nuisance.
3. GENERAL ENTRY CONDITIONS
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons, SCASS advises that:
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to the Showgrounds and/or any of the Showground’s specific areas may be liable for prosecution;
- Persons enter the Showground at their own risk and must take proper care of all things they bring onto the Showground, SCASS is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property;
- Persons entering the Showground agree to be responsible for their own actions and indemnify SCASS against any loss or liability, cost, expense or damages arising from or in relation to their acts or omissions;
- Persons entering the Showground acknowledge that some activities are dangerous or have a level of danger or high risk. Persons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- SCASS reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the Showground and search all persons, their clothing and other items of such persons;
- Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from SCASS will be removed from the Showground;
- SCASS may remove any person from the Showground for unauthorised sales or hawking of goods and services;
- SCASS may refuse admission to or remove persons from the Showground at its sole discretion;
- Persons entering the Showground must adhere to the Work Place Health and Safety legislation and in particular the SCASS Work place Health and Safety policy;
- Smoking (inclusive of electrical cigarettes, personal vapourisers, electronic nicotine delivery systems or any other battery powered vapourisers) is prohibited on site. Smoking is only be permitted at signed designated smoking areas. You may be asked to leave if you fail to comply.
- Additional entry conditions and requirements may apply to ticketed events;
- Any ticket purchased to enable entry into the Showground or any particular area or event at the Showground cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase.
- SCASS conducts surveillance on the Showground, and has access to security footage. A person entering the Showground may be photographed, filmed, taped and/or subjected to monitoring by close circuit television and it is deemed that a person by entering the Showground consents to SCASS or third parties appointed by SCASS photographing, filming, or taping. SCASS or third parties appointed by SCASS can broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, film, recordings or images without compensation. SCASS, third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to the subject for its use in any way.
- Entry to the Showground does not guarantee automatic entry to all events and activities on the Showground during the period of entry.
- Entry to the Showground is subject to conditions imposed by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council from time to time.
- Parking is restricted to areas as designated by SCASS and vehicles must not block thoroughfares, emergency vehicle access and are to give way to emergency vehicles;
- All accidents or emergencies are to be immediately reported to security (24hr) on 0414 267 562 or the Show Manager on 0408 886 526. For minor emergencies ring the show office on 5441 2766.
- Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by SCASS or its representative/s whilst at the Showgrounds.
- All vehicles entering the showgrounds must abide by the SCASS traffic management plan and all parking is at the discretion of SCASS.
- Photography: It is not our intention for amateur photographers to be restricted from taking photos around the Showground, providing that:
- The photographer is not causing annoyance or inconvenience to other show patrons;
- That the subject of the photo is not one detailed in the Summary Offences Act 2005 (Qld)
- The subjects have given their consent (if under 18 then their parent’s consent); and
- That the photos are not to be sold for commercial gain
- Dogs are not permitted on the showgrounds except certified assistance or guide dogs. Any dog on the ground may be subject to being caught by the Pound.
NOTE: Any variation to the policy will be at the sole discretion of SCASS.
The Showground is very different to other venues. It is a venue where any variety of exhibitors and promoters show a wide range of products and services and carry on all kinds of functions and entertainment including exhibitions, sporting, animal, social, theatrical and musical events.
We encourage you to visit the Animal Precinct of our Show where you will find many different animals. Please Do Not touch the animals unless you have the approval of the owner – or are in the Petting Zoo.
We ask that you wash your hands before and after you have touched an animal for your protection as well as the animal.
Please refer to your individual breed bio-security conditions if you are bringing an animal onto the grounds.
For specific Bio-Security information please refer to the SCASS Bio-Security Plan.
SCASS has a Workplace, Health and Safety policy in place and takes great effort and care to ensure that all invitees to the Showground have a safe and enjoyable time.
There are large animals, vehicles, crowds, temporary structures and from time to time, building activity, in all kinds of environment and weather conditions. You may participate in events that may have some risk and experience exciting rides.
As you proceed around the Showground, take care to observe and follow all signage and any instructions that you may be given.
Take special care at all times to protect yourself and others against any loss of injury.
Please be Sun Smart. Wear a hat, apply sunscreen regularly, carry a water bottle and use our free stations. We encourage Sun Safety with Sunsmart clothing.
Be aware of crowded situations and where possible, keep your distance from others to 1.5 metres.
Social distancing is encouraged whilst at the Show.
Please respect our grounds, other patrons, competitors, staff, and volunteers.
Conditions of Entry to the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show are displayed at information points around the Showgrounds, and on our website.
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary the Conditions of Entry by publishing the amended Conditions of Entry on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current Conditions of Entry.
NOTE: a) Any variation to the policy will be at the sole discretion of SCASS.
b) The Committee recognises that further changes might be required in response to Health restrictions or as deemed by Qld. Health and/or the Qld Government
c) Any changes to the Conditions of Entry will be posted to the Sunshine Coast Show Website at www.sunshinecoastshow.com.au
By agreeing to these Conditions of Entry, anyone entering the Sunshine Coast Show grounds is confirming, to the best of their knowledge, that they have:-
∙ Not been in a recent Covid hotspot
∙ Have not been in close contact with anyone with Covid symptoms,
∙ Are feeling well, and not suffering from any Covid symptoms,
∙ Agree that their information may be passed on to Queensland Health for contract tracing if required
Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show.
We hope you have an enjoyable, educational and entertaining day.
For any questions or notices, please contact our office at:
Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Inc. ABN 63 356 013 803, known as Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show or Sunshine Coast Show
Last updated: Dec 6, 2023.