Competitor Terms & Conditions
The Show is conducted under the Rules and Regulations of the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Incorporated and the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies.
All persons entering the Showgrounds during the Sunshine Coast Show agree to abide by the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Conditions of Entry
Safety and Security
The Society takes all reasonable care in these matters. The Society engages the services of Security Personnel to assist with the provision of care of all exhibits, livestock and property, but no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to or by such exhibits, livestock
and / or property.
Every person who is involved in an activity during the Show is required by our insurer to sign a waiver. This includes riders, volunteers, trade exhibitors, entertainers etc.
Please note that dates quoted in this Schedule, e.g. 20th May, 30th June, refer to the year of this Show.
All* prize money can be collected from the Cashier at the Treasury, located at the Main Office at the following times from 9am to 6pm each day and Monday between 9am and 12 noon.
Prize money from Horse events can be collected from the Horse Office between 11am and 5pm.
Unclaimed Prize Money
Prize money and trophies not claimed by the last day of June in that show year will be regarded as forfeited unless alternative arrangements have been made prior to this date.
All exhibitor’s FEES and PRIZE MONEY stated in Schedules is GST inclusive.
All livestock MUST ENTER via Crushers Gate and EXIT via Bli Bli Gate during showtime unless otherwise directed. Livestock MUST be washed in their own nominated wash bays as dictated by Bio-Security rules.
This is a Safety Conscious Show so please help to keep it safe and accident free. Normal rules and regulations of the Workplace Health and Safety Act, Sunshine Coast Council and the Show Society apply. Total co-operation of all Exhibitors, Competitors and Patrons in the following matters is required as these are requirements of our insurers and / or the Showground Management for the duration of the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show. Report any situation you may consider a potential hazard or danger to the Show Safety Officer or Show Manager.
- The Show Safety Officer or Nominee has the power to instruct any Ground User to comply with the Society’s requirements at all times.
- All heavy vehicles and floats must be parked in designated areas as directed by parking stewards. Offenders of this and those who use excessive speed (max 10km/h) may be excluded from accessing the Showgrounds.
- Whilst all reasonable care is taken, the Society cannot accept any responsibility for any losses of, or damage or injury to or by, any livestock, exhibits, equipment, vehicles or any other property.
- All Exhibitors are asked to take all reasonable care in the case of working machinery, hydraulics, cables, chemicals, pumps, hoses, pools, power tools, saws, ramps, etc. All electrical leads and appliances must meet Workplace Health and Safety standards, in particular the requirement for all leads to be buried 75mm underground or be at least 2 metres above ground. All electrical equipment that comes onto the grounds must have a current test and tag label attached or the equipment cannot be used. These requirements will be monitored by the District Workplace Health and Safety inspector.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Showgrounds at any time unless as a registered Guide or Companion Dog. Any dog found will be impounded as per Council regulations.
- Government regulations regarding smoking:
• No smoking in commercial outdoor eating or drinking areas
• To comply with regulations there will be no smoking on the grounds other than in signed designated areas set aside specifically for smoking.
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary this Competition Terms & Conditions by publishing the amended Competition Terms & Conditions on our website. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current Competition Terms & Conditions.
For any questions or notices, please contact our office at:
Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Inc. ABN 63 356 013 803, known as Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show or Sunshine Coast Show
Last updated: May 8 2023